There are six key learning areas (KLA’s) for primary education. They are:
- English - including listening and speaking, reading and viewing, and writing and representing. Students are encouraged to develop their spoken and written English skills for a range of purposes.
- Mathematics - students study patterns and relationships. Students analyse, count and sort numbers and solve problems in the areas of Space, Measurement, Number and Working Mathematically.
- Science - helps students understand their environment, both natural and built by investigating, designing, making and using technology..
- HSIE - encourages students to study relationships between people, cultures and languages with a special focus on civics and citizenship.
- CAPA - students participate in the art forms of dance, drama, music and visual arts through creating and making their own work.
- PD/H/PE - helps students develop self esteem, social responsibility, personal fitness and the ability to make informed choices about health and lifestyle decisions.
- Religion and Ethics - NSW schools offer special religious education and special education in ethics. Approved providers deliver these, where available. Write to the school if you wish to withdraw your child from special religious education, sometimes known as scripture. Special education in ethics is an option for your primary-age child if you withdraw them from special religious education. For more information, visit Religion and ethics
- The following providers offer Religious education at our school:
Catholic - John the Baptist Bonnyrigg
Christian - Parkside Baptist Church
Orthodox - St Stephen Serbian Orthodox Church
Islam - Islamic Council of NSW